10 Apr Give Your Home a Spring Cleaning This Weekend
Spring is here and there’s no better time to break out those cleaning supplies and give your home a deep spring cleaning! If you’re like most Americans, you’ve been stuck inside for several weeks due to the COVID-19 pandemic and are looking for things to do to keep busy. Here are some ways to clean your home and avoid going stir crazy:
- Begin by decluttering all the areas of your house and throw away or donate things that you no longer use or need.
- Next, give your cabinets a full scrub. Over time, kitchen and bathroom cabinets can collect residue from grease, beauty products and more. Use a cabinet cream to wipe down your cabinets and remove any grime.
- If you have hardwood floors, dry-clean them with a broom or Swiffer. Next, use a wood-cleaning product, dilute according to the directions, and apply a wet mop.
- You can clean your carpets by vacuuming to remove dust and dirt. Next, shampoo the carpets with a carpet cleaner. Home carpet cleaners can be purchased or rented from your local hardware store.
- Clean tiled surfaces in your home using a cleaner that has a neutral pH. Grout can be cleaned with water and baking soda.
For more spring cleaning tips, click here.
Interested in moving to Fort Lauderdale, refinancing or buying a new house? We are here to help you! Call us to set up a time when we can review your finances and goals to determine your ideal home loan program.
Let’s schedule an appointment today!